Unit Three : Humour and Satire
The Heritage of Words
The boy, with his uncle, was sitting in their room when the boy’s uncle’s friends came there. Their coming had the aim of deciding date for outing. They said that they had collected fund and liquor for outing. Afterwards the uncle’s friends returned back to their home. The next day they came with the list of names for uncle’s acceptance. He read the whole list and accepted all the names. Then there was his wife with china dog.
This Summary is Moved to our new site => http://www.merospark.com/hseb-notes/a-story/
Important Question :
1. The plan was to go to Porthcawl for the outing. Did they ever reach there? Why?
Ans. The plan of the narrator’s uncle and his friends was to reach to Porthcawl for the outing. But they could not reach to their destination because of their habit of drinking. But it does not mean that it was the only one cause for it ; there are many.The first cause was their late departure. It was only at eight o’clock they started their outing. Another cause of it was the late arrival of one of their partners. Because everyone was worried about himself, they moved without counting all heads. But when they knew that one was missing, they could not continue their journey. They returned to receive him. The third and the greatest of the causes as already said is their nature of drinking a lot. When they reached the mountain sheep, they drank a lot. They did not think of their destination. It was only after the owner informed them of the closing time. They came out though it was already late to reach to Porthcawl. No one worried about even after they came out. They thought of playing with water when they reached to river. Hence, they could not reach.
Question for Practice :
- How were the boy's uncle and aunt?
- What is the reason for which Will Sentry always followed Mr. Franklyn ?
Read this also :
- Two Long-Term Problems : Too Many People, Too Few Trees - Summary | The Heritage of Words
- Full Fathom Five Thy Father Lies - Summary | The Heritage of Words
- Hurried Trip to Avoid a Bad Star - Summary | The Heritage of Words
- Traveling Through the Dark - Summary | The Heritage of Words
Don't forget to LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT. Please Join with us on Facebook and Google+ for daily Notes and Updates.